Values and Vision
School Values | School Vision
Hughes Primary School (HPS) is a dynamic and high energy learning environment that celebrates diversity, inclusion and wellbeing. At Hughes, the curriculum is rigorous and there are high expectations regarding meeting the needs of individual learners. This is exemplified within our school motto - Learning for Life.
HPS has mainstream classes from Preschool to Year 6. At the August census our enrolment numbers were 460. The school hosts the Southside Primary Introductory English Centre (SPIEC), and a Learning Support Unit-Autism (LSUA), named ‘Blue Gum’.
Australian Curriculum implementation at Hughes Primary
To achieve student success by providing an inclusive, caring and supportive, culturally diverse and academically challenging learning environment evidenced through the full implementation of the Australian Curriculum.
Staff have undertaken a series of Professional Development over the past two years to ensure that the Australian Curriculum is implemented an taught using a differentiated and integrated approach. Hughes Primary School is dedicated to continuing this journey.
More information about the process that guides our school's implementation of the Australian Curriculum can be found here inforgraphic shown below.
Organsation of Australian Curriculum content
- rationale and aims
- year level descriptions
- content descriptions (knowledge, understanding & skills)
- content elaborations (illustrative examples only)
- achievement standards that describe the quality of learning and the depth of understanding
- annotated student work samples, and
- Information and communication technology (ICT) competence
- Critical & creative thinking
- Ethical behaviour
- Personal & social competence, and
- Intercultural understanding
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- Asia and Australia's engagement with Asia, and