Enrolling/Transferring - ACT Public Schools
Parents/carers are welcome to enrol/transfer their son or daughter at any time during the school year using an online application form. Full details are available from the Education and Training website.
Hughes Primary School has as its first priority, the enrolment of students living in the Hughes area. Students from other areas may be enrolled and currently many parents have made Hughes Primary their school of choice.
Enrolments are made at Hughes Primary School and are based on the ACT Education and Training Directorate's Priority Area Policy.
All new students on enrolment must show proof of their residency status.
- Children must be four years of age on or before 30 April to enrol in the preschool program.
- Children who are enrolling in an ACT public primary school for the first time at Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before 30 April of the current year.
For Permanent residents the required proof may be:
- an Australian birth certificate and/or
- an Australian passport or
- permanent resident stamp in passport or
- a refugee document for travel to Australia.
All temporary residents must produce the Visa on which they have been granted entry to Australia. Permission to enrol temporary residents is determined by the Department of Education's International Education Unit and in some cases tuition fees are required.