2014 is a very exciting year for all of us at Hughes Primary School! We are turning 50! We feel extremely lucky to benefit this year from 18 months of refurbishment, and proudly opened our doors to new vibrant team-teaching learning spaces. New bold colours are adorning the walls of our new classrooms to represent colours identified in our local flora and fauna – allowing us to celebrate in the natural beauty that surrounds Canberra and the ACT.
This dynamic learning community is nestled in wonderful tree filled surroundings. I feel it is a privilege to lead Hughes Primary School – a place where children feel valued , engaged and nurtured, where staff provide exemplary teaching and consistent care for students, where parents are acknowledged as powerful partners--- with all of us striving to enjoy every day in every way.
Click What's Happening Archive for detail of all News items
- K - 5 Presentation assembly 9:30 - 11
- Whole School P & C Fun Day 11:15 to 2:00. (For school students only. See notes sent home for more details)
- Class placements for 2015 notes sent home
- Year 6 Graduation and Excellence Awards assembly 9:15 - 11
- Year 6 Dinner and Disco. 5:30pm
- Last day of term
- End of Year assembly and Time Capsule planting - Time TBA
Posted on 07 Dec 2014
- Preschool 2015 Interviews in Junior Building at School site
- Library - volunteers moving books 9-11am
- Owls end of year celebration
- Year 6 Fun Day - movies and bowling
- Kindergarten 2015 Parent Info session - 3:30pm in Kindy rooms
- St Andrews Christmas visit - 3T, 3P, KP, and K/1S will be singing at St Andrew's Village
- Christian Education in Schools
- Butterflies end of year celebration
- Year 5/6 Bike group excursion
- Reports and portfolios sent home
Posted on 07 Dec 2014
The bumper edition of the 2014 Year Book has arrived. They are available at the front office for $25.
Posted on 06 Dec 2014
Have you ordered your 2015 Book Pack yet?
One lucky family who orders online will win a $100 Coles/Myer voucher.
Online ordering closes Wednesday 17th December 2014.
If you are not ordering online then completed forms need to be returned by Wednesday 10th December 2014.
Book Payment Days for those book packs that haven't been paid for yet are:
- Monday 2nd February 2015 from 9am - 2pm
- Tuesday 3rd February from 9 am to 12pm
Posted on 27 Nov 2014
Parent Information session - Tuesday 9th December 3:30 - 4:30pm
Posted on 04 Nov 2014